Home of the sumo, the geisha, sake, karaoke, onsen and izakaya – Japan is a true feast for all of your senses. This 8-day journey hits all the right spots giving you a true appreciation for the land of the rising sun. Absorb the bustle of Tokyo before heading into the countryside for a farmstay with local tea harvesters and a quiet hike featuring spectacular views of Mt Fuji. Travel on a futuristic bullet train to Kyoto and step into history before wrapping up your adventure in the foodie paradise of Osaka.
- Tokyo – welcome meeting and orientation walk
- Tokyo – Sensoji Temple
- Tokyo – Meiji Jingu Shrine
- Tokyo – Shibuya walking tour
- Tokyo – Shibuya Sky Observation Platform
- Kawane – Farm Stay & Home-cooked Dinner
- Kawane – Tea Farm Visit & Tea Brewing & Tasting
- Kawane – Scenic Train Ride
- Kawane – Home-cooked Japanese Breakfast
- Shizuoka – Tokai Nature Trail Soft Hike
- Shizuoka – Nihondaira Yume Terrace? (Mt. Fuji viewing platform)
- Kyoto – Gion District walk
- Kyoto – Nishiki-Koji Market
- Shizuoka – Shimizu Fish Market & Brunch
- Kyoto – Fushimi Inari-Taisha
- Kyoto – Sake Brewry Visit & Tasting
- Osaka – Dotombori and Kuromon Street Food Walking Tour
- This is THE trip to take in Japan – a cultural and culinary whirlwind from the streets of Tokyo to the eats of Osaka.
- Explore the many sides of Shibuya in Tokyo, from busy intersections to rooftop city views and from the tranquillity of the ancient Meiji Shrine to quirky Harajuku.
- Settle into rural Japanese life at a local farmstay, where you might help harvest tea and prepare a home-cooked, farm-to-table feast and hike a quiet country trail passing through tea plantations and featuring the unmissable view of Mt. Fuji along the way.
- Ride the rails like the locals, from lightening-fast bullet trains to scenic mountain rails offering seasonal views of cherry blossoms and autumn leaves.
- Immerse yourself in the history and tradition of Kyoto among shrines, geishas and a 300-year-old sake brewery, and follow it up with the mouth-watering street food in Osaka.
Kawane Farm Stay